WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

How to restart a Gaussian job from ch... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » How to restart a Gaussian job from checkpt file « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 4:08 am:   

If I save a checkpt file with a custom name using a %chk= line in the gaussian input file, and say the job fails or is stopped. When I click the "restart" button I see that the title, method etc boxes are filled in properly, but on the "Advanced" tab when I check "use checkpoint file" 12 random, old checkpt file names appear but not the correct one, and there is no way to edit the filename. Any ideas?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 470
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:31 am:   

John,

WebMO expects the checkpoint file to have a certain name. Just check the 'Save Checkpoint File' option in the 'Advanced' option field to save a checkpoint.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration