WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 16.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 16.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

May 25, 2019

"Insufficient memory" message after v... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » View Molecular Orbitals » "Insufficient memory" message after viewing 12 MOs « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 1:15 am:   

I can only view about 12 MOs before I get the above message and have to restart MOViewer. Task Manager reports 2 instances of Java (v 8 update 71, 32 bit), one with 292 MB, the other with 98 MB memory. This Win 10 64 bit machine has 32 GB of physical memory, of which 4.6 GB is in use. I suspect this is a Java limitation. Can the Java memory limit be increased?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 492
Posted on Sunday, January 31, 2016 - 7:45 am:   

John,

See: https://www.webmo.net/support/java_memory.html

Note that you can override the 256 MB limit now by either editing the Java "PARAM" argument in the HTML file (effects all users).
John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 3:58 am:   

Sorry - In which HTML file, on which computer, is the "PARAM" argument adjusted?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 493
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2016 - 10:14 am:   

I was unclear. This is view_job.html on the WebMO SERVER.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration