WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 17.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 17.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Multiprocessor job queued forever Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Manager » Multiprocessor job queued forever « Previous Next »

mosera
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 2:10 pm:   

Running webmo pro 17.0.012p with Gaussian09 d.01 on IBM x3755 server (4 AMD 6282SE). Did a completely fresh install of OS (Fedora 26), Gaussian and WebMO a few days ago. Job submissions for a single processor works great, but any job asking for more than one processor sits as "QUEUED 1/1" forever. Same Gaussian input runs fine on command line. Thoughts?

Gaussian input

%NProcShared=2
#N HF/6-31G(d) SP Geom=Connectivity

C

0 3
C

JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 561
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 3:04 pm:   

Make sure the number of cores on the server is set correct. This is set in the "System Manager". It can also be set for each remote server in the "Remote Server Manager".
mosera
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 7:32 pm:   

Thanks. I had set it in the Gaussian settings, but not in system manager.
Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 1:14 pm:   

I installed webmo on macbook pro running macOS 10.12.6 but got this error; "2017-08-12 19:56:07.878 defaults[4559:569196] Could not write domain /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd; exiting". This was after executing the command "sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.httpd Disabled -bool false" given in the webmo installation guide. I continued with the installation anyway and the other steps worked just fine. Now when I try running the jobs the remain in the queue forever. Any pointers on how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 562
Posted on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 9:34 am:   

Note that the 'sudo defaults...' is only for older versions of OS X.

Are you trying to run a multi-core job? Note that you need to set the number of cores on your computer in the 'system manager', or the jobs may not be able to be schedule for execution.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration