WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Job Options won't run using "localhos... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Job Options » Job Options won't run using "localhost" web address « Previous Next »

Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 12:23 am:   

I thought I had a nonresponsive webMO job options button that was fixed, but it turns out it is web address dependent.

When I use localhost/~Tim/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi, I can get through drawing the molecule and selecting the job options, but I can't submit the job. The button is lit up but inactive, as are the forward and backward arrows, and the "help" cgi file is reported as "not found on this server" when the link is clicked.

Using http://macbook-pro.local/~Tim/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi fixes all the problems. It's a workaround, but is there a fix for the "localhost" problem?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 602
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:31 am:   

I will need more data. Please check your web browser error log.

Please also verify your WebMO version, as this is likely an issue that has been resolved in recent WebMO versions.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration