WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

Signup for WebMO workshops this summer 2018

August 24, 2019

Restarting job I aborted Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Running WebMO Jobs » Other » Restarting job I aborted « Previous Next »

Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 11:59 am:   

I decided to abort a job, but would now like to restart. Unfortunately, the "restart" button is not available in this case like when ajob fails on it's own. Is there a way to restart within this same job?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 613
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 12:38 pm:   

All 'failed' jobs should have a 'restart' option. Can you be more specific?
Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 2:39 pm:   

The issue occurs for composite jobs like OPT + FREQ or CBS-QB3. If I kill the job while still doing the very first link, so no "Normal Termination of Gaussian.." is printed, then I get do the Restart button. But if I kill the job once the composite job has gotten to the next "Link1" request then WebMO initially shows the restart button, but it disappears within a few seconds and the Job Manager entry says "Complete". Can you reproduce this behavior?
Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 9:29 pm:   

It would be great to find a solution to this. Or am I the only one who observes this behavior. Any ideas?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 617
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 9:56 am:   

Randy,

Can you send me a sample output file?
Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - 6:57 pm:   

I have attached a .zip files with a Comments document, four output files and a screenshot. I am running WebMO and Gaussian on the Google Cloud Platform. I get the same behavior if I view on Firefox or Chrome
application/x-zip-compressedMiller Output files
Miller output files.zip (225.4 k)

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration