|Dr. Kevin Range
|Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:11 am: |
I successfully installed WebMO 7.0 Pro on my main machine. But when I tried to add remote computational servers, I ran into a problem. The adding part when fine; the appropriate files were scp'ed to the remote server, etc. But when I submitted jobs to the remote server, they were perpetually in the "queued" state.
"ps aux" on the WebMO server revealed that WebMO was "pinging" the remote machine with "ssh -l webmo three echo OK". Independent testing revealed that this command returns "OK", as expected. However, in cgi-bin/webmo/daemon_webmo.cgi:
next unless $output eq "OK";
Which is apparently not quite right, because $output is not equal to "OK". (It is really OK\n or something.)
I changed this to
next unless $output=~/OK/;
and now everything works (or so it seems...).
The main reason I upgraded to WebMO Pro was so that I could utilize multiple compute servers. Therefore I am pretty disappointed that I have had to spend yesterday afternoon and most of this morning making this work....
Post Number: 18
|Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:20 am: |
We apologize for the problem that you experienced. Unfortunately, the offending line of code was an additional 'check' to make sure that the remote servers are actually 'on-line'. (Many users had experience unexplained job failures, that later turned out to be related to servers that were off-line, or experiencing networking connectivity issues.) However, due to the bug you discovered, this seems to have caused more problems than it solved.
Since most of our Pro users are utilizing queuing systems, such as PBS, this has gone undiscovered for a long time! I have updated the most recent version of WebMO 7, 7.0.004p, which is now available for download.