WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 19.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 19.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Bug in webmo pro 7.0? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Remote Server Manager (Pro) » Bug in webmo pro 7.0? « Previous Next »

Dr. Kevin Range
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:11 am:   

I successfully installed WebMO 7.0 Pro on my main machine. But when I tried to add remote computational servers, I ran into a problem. The adding part when fine; the appropriate files were scp'ed to the remote server, etc. But when I submitted jobs to the remote server, they were perpetually in the "queued" state.

"ps aux" on the WebMO server revealed that WebMO was "pinging" the remote machine with "ssh -l webmo three echo OK". Independent testing revealed that this command returns "OK", as expected. However, in cgi-bin/webmo/daemon_webmo.cgi:

next unless $output[0] eq "OK";

Which is apparently not quite right, because $output[0] is not equal to "OK". (It is really OK\n or something.)

I changed this to
next unless $output[0]=~/OK/;

and now everything works (or so it seems...).

The main reason I upgraded to WebMO Pro was so that I could utilize multiple compute servers. Therefore I am pretty disappointed that I have had to spend yesterday afternoon and most of this morning making this work....
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 11:20 am:   

We apologize for the problem that you experienced. Unfortunately, the offending line of code was an additional 'check' to make sure that the remote servers are actually 'on-line'. (Many users had experience unexplained job failures, that later turned out to be related to servers that were off-line, or experiencing networking connectivity issues.) However, due to the bug you discovered, this seems to have caused more problems than it solved.

Since most of our Pro users are utilizing queuing systems, such as PBS, this has gone undiscovered for a long time! I have updated the most recent version of WebMO 7, 7.0.004p, which is now available for download.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration