WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 19.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 19.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

August 23, 2019

Another bug in webmo-pro 7? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Remote Server Manager (Pro) » Another bug in webmo-pro 7? « Previous Next »

Author Message
Jim Foresman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 1:30 pm:   

I am using multiple servers, but the only way jobs will not be endlessly sent to the queue is if I specify "first available" as the server. In other words, asking for a particular server will not work.

I experimented with the text file called "queue" that gets created in the webmo use directory. If I added a comma after the server name, then the job would be sent from the queue to the server and work fine.

I saw in the code that the "queue" file
is read using a "split" that requires a list of servers separated by commas. Perhaps there needs
to be an if statement that does something different is there is only one server.

My fix was to edit daemon_webmo.cgi and where it
dumps the line out to the queue file, I added a
comma. Here is the edited line:

print queueFile "$jobNumber:$interface:$server,:$cpuPercent\n";
JR Schmidt
Moderator
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 19
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   

This is a known issue that is resolved in WebMO 7.0.004. In fact, this is not a 'new' bug, but rather a different presentation of the same bug mentioned in the previous post.

The code you commented on above is actually correct! The problem is actually due to new code that was added in to protect against cases where a remote server is offline. Unfortunately, there was a small bug in that code, that created the above headache.

Your 'fix' actually further breaks the code which checks if the remote server is offline, thereby (unbelievably) proving that two wrongs do, in fact, make a right.

The better fix is simply to upgrade to 7.0.004.

Sorry for the inconvenience. That code was put in place at the last minute, in response to a string of users reporting problems that later turned out to be due to there remote servers being turned off, or disconnected from the network.

Add Your Message Here
Post:
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration