WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 19.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 19.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Cannot contact remote server error Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Remote Server Manager (Pro) » Cannot contact remote server error « Previous Next »

Kent Davis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 3:40 pm:   

I have WebMO Pro set up on a linux box and have set up one remote server to another linux box with no problems. However, I'm trying to set-up a windows machine as a second remote server. I have successfully set up public key authentication for passwordless entry between the server and the windows machine. When I use the webmo administration screen, however, I'm told that it cannot connect and to verify passwordless ssh. Any thoughts as to the problem here?
Kent Davis
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 5:49 pm:   

More information to add to my previous question...
Looking at the ssh log suggests that I'm making a successful public key connection when attempting to setup the remote server but disconnection follows immediately. When doing ssh outside of the WebMO interface the disconnection only happens when I choose to close the connection.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 6:33 pm:   

Unfortunately, WebMO Pro cannot use a Windows machine as a remote SERVER. (You can install WebMO Pro on the Windows machine, and use the Linux machines as remote servers).

This is simply because the SSH server is not generally available on Windows, and thus I did not originally support it. It is also more difficult to remote control a Windows machine via the command line, which also causes some issues. Although this may be technically possible in the future, it would requires some tweaks that are simply not in the code as of yet.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration