WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 9.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 9.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

File locking problem on jobs database Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Job Manager » File locking problem on jobs database « Previous Next »

Jim Giuliani
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 12:23 pm:   

I am running version 8.0.011e and I frequently encounter the problem that a file lock gets place on the jobs database and never released. Further job submissions or queries cannot be processed because they cannot get a lock on the database.

I also don't see a version 8 in the support forum, so I'm asking the question here.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 12:47 pm:   

This is an issue that I have seen only once before, and dealt with an NFS bug with file locking.

Can you please send me a copy of your WebMO configuration file, and a description of your cluster configuration (in particular, which directories, if any, are NFS mounted).

I have seen a problem (only once!) where the WebMO 'user' directory was a remote NFS mounted on the web server (which was a Linux box) and the NFS server as a OpenBSD box.

This caused a problem with filelocking due to a known incompatibility/bug in that combination of NFS implementations.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration