WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 19.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 19.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Using local servers as remote servers Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Remote Server Manager (Pro) » Using local servers as remote servers « Previous Next »

Ihosvany Camps
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 12:44 pm:   

Hello,

I have been using WebMO Pro 9.0 in an intranet server. Now, I moved my WebMO server to the internet, but my remote servers are in the local network.

My network manager created rules in the firewall to map a given address:port to my local servers. I can connect remotely to this local servers using SSH.

Now I add the new address to WebMO as: address:port (the port in use is not 22 any more), but it complains about passwordless SSH.

Any ideas about this problem?

Best regards,

Camps
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 154
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 1:09 pm:   

I would use the "-p" option for SSH to change the port instead. Modify the sshOptions flag in the WebMO configuration, globals.int.

Do that, and delete/add the remote server. Also verify that you can passwordless SSH from the WebMO server to the remote server on the command line, as the user "webmo", using those same options.
Ihosvany Camps
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 7:41 am:   

Hello,

Thank you. I did what you suggested me, almost, because adding only the "-p" option did not work, I have to add the port. After doing that I am getting a new error:

Could not find remote Perl installation

As I modified the "globals.int", this will only work for one local server.

The other local servers have different ports to access them, so if I modify again the globals.int, the previous configured server will work?

Regards,

Camps

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration