WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

August 24, 2019

Which server is running the job? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Job Manager » Which server is running the job? « Previous Next »

singleton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 12:20 pm:   

Hello,

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. We are running WebMO 10.0 Pro on a multi-server system. Occasionally, one of the nodes has a problem leading to failed jobs. The Job Manager doesn't seem to tell the admin /which/ server a job failed (or is running) on. The queue is set up to submit jobs to the first available server, which is the going to be the one that is failing on all jobs (it's not busy working on a job). This makes identifying the problematic server very difficult. Any hints on how to identify which server is causing problems?

Along these lines, just knowing which servers are performing specific jobs would be helpful. Perhaps a new column in the Job Manager page could be included. Is this information found elsewhere in WebMO? Sorry if I've missed it.

Thanks for any help,
ssinglet at coe dot edu
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 156
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 - 4:37 pm:   

Its not obviously, but (for running jobs) you can place your cursor over the 'running' text to see which server it is running on. For failed jobs, you may be able to see it by viewing the job (it is displayed at the bottom of the view job page)

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration