WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

March 31, 2020

HELP! Tried to move data directories-... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Other » HELP! Tried to move data directories- now can't login! « Previous Next »

Author Message
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 10:36 pm:   

My server had a small hard drive and we're about to use it in a large enrollment class, so I installed a second, large hard drive in my machine. I archived the /home/webmo directory and placed a copy on the new drive. I made a copy of the old globals.int file before I changed anything and then tried just changing the userBase entry to reflect the new data storage location. However, I got a login error when I did that, so I just returned the globals.int file to its previous content. Now, when I try to log in, I get the following error: Can't locate old_globals.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: lib/ /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at (eval 57) line 1.

Nothing else changed on my machine. What did I do- or not do- that messed everything up?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 167
Registered: 11-2006
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 11:40 pm:   

The problem is that you create a file old_globals.int. WebMO attempts to dynamically load computational packages based on the presence of the .int files (e.g. gaussian.int, gamess.int, etc.) This is so that new packages can be supported without additional changes.

By creating a 'old_globals.int', WebMO is searching for associated files to support a package 'old_globals'. The solution is to delete the backup old_globals.int, or better, rename it to globals.int.bak.
Posted on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 2:27 pm:   

Thanks for the quick response- that solved my problem (and saved me major headaches!).

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration