WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 16.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 16.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

Jobs Queued but not running Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Job Manager » Jobs Queued but not running « Previous Next »

Matthew Kennedy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 11:32 am:   

I am having an interesting problem with some (~3%) of jobs not picking up and running. In the job manager, I can see all the jobs, and whenever a user submits a job it gets a status of "Queued (###/###)" and then I know that it will pickup successfully and run. Occasionally (~3% of the time) the job will get a status of "Queued" and then just never run. Is this a know problem?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 198
Posted on Tuesday, October 04, 2011 - 1:27 pm:   

Is this occurring with the "built-in" WebMO queue? Or are you using the Enterprise version, interfacing with an external queuing system?
Kevin Range
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 1:47 pm:   

I am seeing the same thing with WebMO 15.0.002e. Sometimes jobs have the queued status (with no ##/##) and never run. The "queue" file in the webmo home directory shows no entries.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 481
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2015 - 4:08 pm:   

Kevin,
The root issue discussed above with resolved long ago. But even that that user reports about a 1% 'error' rate, for reasons that with think has to do with faulty NFS file locking on some implementations. I have never seen this occur on any system other than the one discussed above (and perhaps yours). Any details / observations would be useful.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration