WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 12.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 12.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

August 23, 2019

Time of "Running" job displayed as 0.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » Job Manager » Time of "Running" job displayed as 0.0 sec « Previous Next »

jim diamond
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 3:24 pm:   

I left for a week in the mountains, and when I returned, I found that the job manager (either under user or admin profiles) now displays the time of a running job as '0.0 sec' instead of the time consumed. My students had done nothing to the OS or the software, but clearly something is missing. Any ideas?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 277
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 5:38 pm:   

Very strange. Is this true for ALL running jobs, or just this one? Do the jobs still run to completion?
jim diamond
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 6:53 pm:   

This is true for all jobs. These do not appear to be running to completion.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 278
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 6:56 pm:   

Please run the diagnose.pl script (located in the WebMO.install/script directory) and email the output to support@webmo.net
jim diamond
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 7:04 pm:   

I looked at the log files from Gaussian 09. They just end with some messages regarding the Linda processor. I've attached the last twenty lines or so. I am currently trying to run a job with only one processor to see if this is a Linda issue - the job has accumulated 4:31 of cpu time. I don't know what to make of this, but it would seem to indicate that this is a Linda/Gaussian issue.
text/plainlast 50 lines or so of log file
last 50 lines of job 397.txt (4.5 k)
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 279
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 8:28 pm:   

This very well could be a Linda issue. WebMO Pro supports only SMP parallel, and not network parallel jobs (e.g. Linda). WebMO Enterprise supports network parallel and Linda jobs, and then only when running on top of a batch queuing system like PBS or SGE.

This is partially because the built-in WebMO queue doesn't know how to keep track of the remote processes, and may think the job has crashed / aborted. My guess is that this is the problem.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration