WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

August 23, 2019

LDAP error Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » User Manager » LDAP error « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 4:11 pm:   

i'm getting an error message when i follow and enable the LDAP integration. i'm able to test the Authen::Simple::LDAP in CPAN wihtout issues. it installed fine without error. when i try to login with an enable user for external authentication, i get the following error message from login.cgi:

Software error:

Can't locate Authen/Simple/LDAP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: lib/ /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at password_external.cgi line 48.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (Walter.Romero@oneonta.edu), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

are there any other files i need to edit besides the authen.conf and creating the home/webmo/bin/pam_authenticate.pl?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 449
Posted on Monday, March 09, 2015 - 5:18 pm:   

Please make sure to install Authen::Simple::LDAP as 'root', so that it is available for all users. I believe if you don't install as root, it will install only for that user.
Walter Romero
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:55 am:   

JR,

alright, i've managed to installed it system wide. now when i login with a good credential from our LDAP. when i click submit, it display the login page again. are there any debug option i can enable to see why its redirecting me to the login page again? i made sure i'm typing the right password. both, wrong password and good password just redirects just display the login page again.

thanks.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 450
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 10:29 am:   

Walter,

For LDAP, you also need to edit:
{WebMO_CGI_dir}/interfaces/authen.conf

to reflect location of LDAP server and base DN.

Since this authentication is carried out by the Authen::Simple::LDAP library, WebMO does not have logs. But if you look at the documentation for that library:

http://search.cpan.org/~chansen/Authen-Simple-LDAP-0.3/lib/Authen/Simple/LDAP.pm

it appears that it can be made to log info.

In my experience, simply setting the ldap server and base DN is almost always sufficient!
Walter Romero
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 11:59 am:   

Hi JR,

thanks for the info, i've got it working with our AD ADDS service/LDAP. for that, i needed to also specified the following in the password_external.cgi

require Authen::Simple::LDAP;
$auth = Authen::Simple::LDAP->new(

binddn => 'mydn',
bindpw => 'mypass',
filter => '(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%s))')

now, that i have it authenticating with our LDAP server. Is there a way to get the email information from LDAP/AD and into WebMO?
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 451
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 1:29 pm:   

Walter:

Great news. Unfortunately, WebMO doesn't support import of the email information from LDAP into WebMO. This is an interesting idea that I will consider in the future.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration