WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 17.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 17.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

August 17, 2019

Port users.db Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Administering WebMO » User Manager » Port users.db « Previous Next »

Jon Bednasz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 1:24 pm:   

JR - Do you have a method to import the users.db from webmo 15.0.002e to 16.0 latest release. We want to start with a fresh install of the software on a new system and we want to move the users.db and group.db over to the new install.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 485
Posted on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 3:50 pm:   

The files are entirely compatible. You should be able to simply copy them over. (Note that you should also DELETE the hidden database index files, e.g. .users.index, after moving the files; they will be correctly regenerated)
Jon Bednasz
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, December 11, 2015 - 4:04 pm:   

JR - Removing the .index files was the part I was missing. Working like a champ!
Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 5:25 pm:   

What if I wanted to move a database from an old server to a new server that has been running for a while and already has new users and results with job numbering overlapping with the numbering on the old server?
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 536
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 10:23 am:   

If you want to preserve BOTH the "old" and "new" jobs (those that have already been run on the new server), the easiest thing to do is probably export the jobs from the job manager and then import them (via Job Manager) back into the new server.

If you do not care about the "new" jobs, you can just tar up / copy the enter WebMO "user" directory (all jobs and databases) and move it over.
Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 6:20 pm:   

I would like to retain the "new" jobs that have already been run on the new server. I have a few thousand jobs on the old server. The method you describe sounds like a one-job-at-a-time approach. Is there a batch way to do this?
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 10:32 am:   

I should be able to do it one USER at a time, by selecting multiple jobs in the job manager before doing the export. Try batches of ~100-200 to make sure Apache doesn't time out.

Sorry -- WebMO wasn't really designed to "merge" to job databases. This is would require some coding effort. The typical use case is just either to start over, or transfer the old jobs.
Randy Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 5:06 pm:   

So the approach would be to move over the users.db as described towards the top of the list, then import the WebMO Archive created as described in your last response one User at a time? If so, This will be a huge time saver.

I completely understand that you didn't design WebMO to merge job databases. I'm thankful there is any workaround at all! Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration