WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

December 12, 2019

Safari 1.2.3 crashes hard when submit... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Bug Reports » WebMO Version 4.X » Safari 1.2.3 crashes hard when submitting a job « Previous Next »

Valentin Rodionov
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 4:13 am:   

This is apparently an issue related to Liveconnect implementation in Safari.
I am able to draw a structure in editor with no problems.
When I click on "enter job options" link, Safari crashes hard - in fact, it does not even display the customary "send bug report to Apple" dialog. It just quits completely (all the windows, not just the WebMO one!).
So far it is not usable on my Mac at all.
I am running OS 10.3.5, with Java version 1.4.2_05, Safari 1.2.3 (v125.9). The WebMO installation I am using is perfectly usable with Windows IE.
schmidt
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 8:13 pm:   

This seems to be a bug in Java 1.4.2_05, referred to as Java 1.4.2 (Update 1) by Apple. There is a work around:

Open up the build_molecule.html file, located in your WebMO HTML directory. Comment out (using the // syntax) or delete the line:

document.EditorApplet.setVisible(false);

from the Continue() subroutine. Also, don't click the 'Close Editor' button
on the page, it will also cause a crash. Just close the editor with File:Close or by clicking the close button on the window.

A permamant work around/fix for this Apple bug will be released in WebMO 4.1 Build 002.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration