WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

December 12, 2019

Running Mopac Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Bug Reports » WebMO Version 3.X » Running Mopac « Previous Next »

Brian Salter-Duke
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 - 12:01 am:   

I have just installed WebMO 3.1 and it works fine with Gaussian (G98) and Gamess. However with Mopac it just fails to run. I have Mopac93. I downloaded mopac7 and tried that. It gives the same result.

It reports "Failed" in a time of 0 sec. If I click on Raw Output it gives

Cannot open file /u/web/webmo/caut/13/output.out: No such file or directory in line 68 of text_dump.cgi

It reports that in /u/web/webmo/logs. The directory ..../caut/13 has all the input files but no output files. The file input.dat can be copied elsewhere and runs with mopac fine.

What should I look for? I have tried everything I can think of.

WebMO is a great product.

Cheers, Brian
schmidt
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2001 - 7:08 pm:   

Since no output file exist in the directory, it is likely that mopac 7/93 are not every actually being executed. This leads me to believe that the path to the mopac executables have not been properly setup in the WebMO administration.

It is also possible that the particular mopac distribution you are using is not immediately compatible with WebMO. Because most versions of mopac are public domain, many variants exist. WebMO supports mopac distributions that specify the input/output files either on STDIN/STDOUT, through environmental variables, or on the command line. Take a look at run_mopac.cgi for further information.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration