WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

October 17, 2019

WebMO saves GBs of killed NWChem 6.1.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Bug Reports » WebMO Version 12.X » WebMO saves GBs of killed NWChem 6.1.1 jobs « Previous Next »

John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 1:26 pm:   

Is this a bug? When NWChem 6.1.1 runs a multi-processor job it creates one 250+ MB input.anoits.N file for each processor (core). If the job is killed by WebMO, say because it exceeds a time limit, all these files are moved by WebMO from the compute node's /scratch directory to the user's directory on the webmo server.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 5:55 pm:   

I am pretty sure the issue is that (by default) NWChem stores scratch files in the current directory. Thus they were probably never in /scratch on the compute node anyway, but rather in the directory WebMO was using on the compute node.

Try adding the "scratch_dir" directive right in the input file, before WebMO submits it. That fixes things in my testing. I will add this feature to the next release of WebMO. In the mean time, you can simple add this to the NWChem job templates to make this the default.
John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 8:47 pm:   

Thanks, JR. That works! Sorry I did not pick up on that suggestion from the previous post on this issue.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration