WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 17.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 17.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2019

WebMO 15.0.002 + Mopac 7 + Vibrationa... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Bug Reports » WebMO Version 15.X » WebMO 15.0.002 + Mopac 7 + Vibrational Frequencies « Previous Next »

Bob Kematick
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 8:21 am:   

Hello. I recently downloaded 15.0.002 and am using it with mopac 7 to look at vibrational frequencies. The computed intensities all come out equal to zero, and the computed IR spectrum is blank when you look at it. The animations of the different vibrational modes look just fine.

Oh yes, I have also tried an older WebMO (v13) with the mopac 7 vibrational calculations, and everything looks good there ...
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 445
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:12 am:   

This is a MOPAC 7 "bug" that was exposed in a recent update of WebMO 15. It is resolved in WebMO 15.0.003. (Basically, MOPAC 7 doesn't bother to calculate the intensities with certain keyword combinations!)
Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 12:30 pm:   

Thanks for the reply. I saw some strange stuff on the WebMO demo server also, which is apparently running mopac2009. The vibrational intensities returned are strange, for example there is a strong band reported for the CO2 symmetric stretch, which results in no dipole moment change, and should not show up at all in the IR spectrum.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 2:13 pm:   

I will need to check this for more recent version of MOPAC (e.g. 2012+). The issue is that MOPAC is OMITTING vibration 1 in the output, for reasons I don't understand.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration