WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

August 17, 2019

Debian 9 / Perl issue on compute node? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Bug Reports » WebMO Version 17.X » Debian 9 / Perl issue on compute node? « Previous Next »

Dean Waldow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 1:18 pm:   

We are upgraded to Debian 9 on a compute node (as part of trying to solve another issue) and perl's behavior for default module path appears to have changed. I get the following errors running a job. My IT person seems to think there is a work around. Might this be a webmo version issue?

Can't locate globals.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24 /usr/share/perl/5.24 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /home/webmo/webmo/run_gamess.cgi line 11.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 592
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 3:28 pm:   

Ahh yes, this is a Perl change that was addressed in WebMO 18.

If you are using 'Remote Servers', then use the 'Upgrade' button in the 'Remote Server Manager' for each server. (The files on the head node / web server are updated automatically when you upgrade, but those on remote servers are not.)
Dean Waldow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 5:00 pm:   

Does that mean we need to upgrade to 18 and 17 will not work? I don't think we are in the update timeframe? Maybe I didn't understand you description?
Dean Waldow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 5:31 pm:   

Also, our IT person found the following 'workaround'...

----

Dean,

Adding this the the webmo user's .bashrc ABOVE the "exit if non-interactive" test seems to revert perl behavior to the old system...

### MWH reverts perl back to old behavior of searching the local working directory
# for modules. Webmo scripts reference each other [ require("globals.cgi") ]
# and starting in debian v9 (stretch) . in no longer in @INC by default
### Also, must be above any "if not running interactively" test in .bashrc
export PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC=1
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 593
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 9:19 pm:   

Actually, this is a great workaround! I wasn't aware that one could do that!
Dean Waldow
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 1:06 pm:   

Our IT support person is very good. I'll pass the compliment along to him. You mentioned an upgrade above. I suspect our 17e version is out of the 6 month upgrade period or did you mean an upgrade within 17e? Also, we installed PSI and it runs and completes but webmo thinks it fails. Should I ask about that in a different spot on the forum? Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration