WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 15.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 15.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app for iPad/iPhone is now available on the App Store.

July 17, 2019

Job Error Notification Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Feature Requests » Job Error Notification « Previous Next »

Jerry Godbout
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 12:42 pm:   

How about a way to tell if a job didn't work, but didn't actually fail either, such as a geometry optimization exceeding the number of steps allowed. In GAMESS, this results in the "all processes ended gracefully" message, and there is no indication that something went wrong from WebMO. Problems such as these aren't known unless you manually browse the raw output!
schmidt
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   

Send me an example of such an output, so I can see if there is any easy way to detect such an 'error'. Thanks!
bittner@uh.edu
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:42 am:   

Jerry
It 's a good habit to manually browse the output in all cases.
ERB
Anonymous

Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 9:37 am:   

hi;
how i can calculate the second hyperpolarizability using G03
application/octet-streamhyperpolarizability
test1.out (39.5 k)
Sudheer Gondu
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 10:11 am:   

Hi All
I am working on a closed ring chiral molecule as cyclopentane, to find surface potential scan for one angle and one dihedral angle.

I am getting convergence problems(errors). My doubts are
1) can we give angles scan from 0 to 180
From this forum discussion i came to know that scan have to be done in between -1 to 179 degrees
2) can we give dihedral angles scan from 0 to 360
if not what could be the range or give some other suggestions
3) How could i mention/specify dummy atoms in a molecule specification. could you suggest some reference regarding this?

Thank you in advance.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 425
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 4:40 pm:   

Problems in coordinate scans generally involve linear sets of atoms, i.e. bond angles around 0 or 180. The dihedrals should present no specific problems. The easiest solution is just to avoid angles around 0 or 180. Alternatively, you would need to use dummy atoms to avoid the ambiguity in the coordinate specification. See, for example, "Exploring Chemistry with Gaussian" by Foresman and Frisch.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration