WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 13.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 13.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now build bulk, periodic (1D, 2D, 3D) materials. Periodic calculations are supported in Gaussian, PWSCF, and VASP!

July 17, 2019

Visualization of UV/VIS spectra Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Feature Requests » Visualization of UV/VIS spectra « Previous Next »

Christian Grunwald
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 4:00 am:   

WebMO can be used to visualize calculated UV/VIS spectra. However, until now the "oscillator strength" (for instance calculated with PC-Gamess) is not used. Instead, all individual peak heights are set to 1. Different peak heights result from the overlap of Gaussian curves around the calculated locations. I think that it would be useful to include the oscillator strenght' to construct more realistic spectra.
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 9:13 am:   

The oscillator strength IS used when available (for example, in Gaussian). If the oscillator strength is available in the PC-GAMESS output I will parse it out and use it in the display.
Christian Grunwald
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 2:34 am:   

Thank you! Attached please find an example generated with the up-to-date version of PC-Gamess (CH2O2_output.log).
text/plainPC-Gamess Output file
CH2O2_output.log (98.2 k)
Stephen Foulger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   

Is there a way to output the IR spectrum in data viewer into a CSV or other simple text format? I do not want to write a script to cull the info from the raw data. thanks.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:53 am:   

There is currently NOT a way to do this, but the ability to save the spectral lines as a CSV file would be a great addition. Looks for this in the future.
JR Schmidt

Post Number: 68
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:55 am:   

Actually, if you do a spread sheet summary of the job, the spectral lines will be included (but not in a convenient form).
Anonymous

Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 2:43 pm:   

hello Schmidth sir ,
i am new to gamess. i wanted to confirm which formula is used by gamess to calculate oscillator strength in exam08 out of the following two i know.
os=1.44x10^-19 int[e(v)dv]
or
os= containing transition moment integral.
and
is it possible for us to directly get a plot of absorption curve in webmo from the gamess ?
Zhengzheng Li
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 5:45 pm:   

could you please teach me how to calculate uv spectra from gamess calculations?

please email me back, thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration