WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 6.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 6.1 Pro has a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO supports Windows, Mac, and Unix web browsers.

April 25, 2019

Simulaneous Running of Multiple Jobs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Feature Requests » Simulaneous Running of Multiple Jobs « Previous Next »

Jonathan Bohmann
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 12:41 pm:   

Is there a way to allow small jobs to run 2 jobs simultaneously to increase system throughput?
I want students to be able to do simple calculations while I have a long job running.
I can tolerate a slowdown because the long jobs typically run overnight, whereas my students may want to run jobs that typically require just a few minutes.
William Polik (Polik)
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 5:04 pm:   

As you are aware, WebMO queues jobs and runs them one at a time in the order they were submitted.

The workaround to run multiple jobs simultaneously is to install a second copy of WebMO (making sure that you specify different HTML, CGI, and user directories, so that nothing is shared between the two implementations). You might choose to specify shorter job time limits on this implementation and/or edit the job templates to use less memory.

A job started from the second implementation would run simultaneously with one started from the first implementation. If you wanted to transfer jobs between implementations, this can be done with the download/upload functions.

We have noted your feature request, and a future version of WebMO will permit the definition of multiple servers within a single WebMO implementation. In this case, one would not need to install a second implementation of WebMO, but would rather define a second server that is identical to the first server.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration