WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 10.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 10.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

WebMO can now be installed on Windows, Mac, and Unix servers!

April 25, 2019

Multiple Versions of Single Engine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Feature Requests » Multiple Versions of Single Engine « Previous Next »

Jason Gillmore
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 10:45 am:   

I've mentioned this in passing to Will and maybe even to JR, but thought I'd set it down here for the record... I'd really love to be able to run both Gaussian03 and Gaussian09 side by side on a single WebMO instance. I'm naive, but it seems like it should be no more complicated than having multiple engines, and probably would be more changes to the installer/setup than to the guts of WebMO, no? Don't others want to continue to run one version of an engine while figuring out if the new release is "up to snuff" for what they do?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 185
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 11:39 am:   

This can already be done, in an undocumented fashion. WebMO contains a "clone_interface.pl" script which can make a copy/clone of any computational interface in order to support multiple versions. Look in the installation directory under the "Scripts" subdirectory.

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration