WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.1 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.1 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

Signup for WebMO workshops this summer 2018

April 25, 2019

NBO 6.0 and G16 Support Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Feature Requests » NBO 6.0 and G16 Support « Previous Next »

Clayton Spencer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 3:50 pm:   

Currently WebMO offers an interface to the natural bond orbital population analysis method through Gaussian. The NBO version 3.0 is currently available as part of the Gaussian distribution. NBO version 6.0 is available for purchase and has an interface to G16. It would be nice if WebMO could interface with NBO6 as well.

When I select Natural Population Analysis from the calculation type and look at the generated input file, the route section is (for example):
#N APFD/6-311+G(2d,p) SP GFINPUT POP=(FULL,NBORead) Geom=Connectivity

All that needs to be changed (and I have done this manually and it seems to work) is to change the POP switch to POP=(FULL,NBO6Read).

I can't seem to find where in the code to make that change so that the route section is generated correctly for NBO6.

Please advise. Thanks,
--Clayton
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 614
Posted on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 3:52 pm:   

This needs to be changed (if desired) in the Gaussian job template. It is in gaussian.tmpl, located in <webmo_cgi>/interfaces/gaussian.tmpl.
Clayton Spencer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 12:02 pm:   

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration