WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 18.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 18.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

July 17, 2019

Moving WebMO to a new computer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Licensing » Moving WebMO to a new computer « Previous Next »

Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 5:13 pm:   

I have a webMO license that is years and years old. I replaced my old computer and installed webMO on the new computer, with gaussian09. I have lost the "molecular orbitals" calculation option, so I think the new installation of WebMO was not the licensed one. The old computer is not in use, so how do I install my full webMO on the new computer?
JR Schmidt
Username: Schmidt

Post Number: 601
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 5:16 pm:   

Tim,

You most likely downloaded and installed a free license of the most recent WebMO version (rather than WebMO Pro or Enterprise). You can either:

a) Locate (or re-download, using your WebMO Pro License number and password) your licensed version of WebMO Pro, which will be an older version than v18. Nonetheless, it will contain the MO features and any other Pro features.

OR

b) Purchase a WebMO upgrade, which will entitle you to the most recent version of WebMO Pro.
Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 5:47 pm:   

When I entered my password and license number from 2014, I only got the option of downloading webMO 18 on the pulldown menu.
Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 6:09 pm:   

The old hard drive is toast, so I'll look through the backups to see if I have one from 2014 with the original download on it. I'm not optimistic though; I normally don't keep backups that long!
Tim
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 9:04 pm:   

I solved that problem. I'm a blockhead sometimes, as is well known.

I was just looking at the wrong WebMO license email. Now I have WebMO pro 15.003 running and everything works normally.

Sorry!

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration