WebMO - Computational chemistry on the WWW
Recent news

WebMO 17.0 is now available for free download!

WebMO 17.0 Pro and Enterprise have a variety of additional features and is available for purchase.

The WebMO app is now available for iOS and Android.

December 12, 2018

Testimonials Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

WebMO Support Forum » Testimonials  

Eric Patterson
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:55 am:   

I just wanted to post a few kind words about WebMO and the people who make it work.

This is exactly the type of program I've been looking for to use in our Advanced Organic course at Truman State University. I want to expose the class to some "real" ab initio methods without having to teach them unix, vi, etc. I also don't want 20 students with login accounts on my various workstations. WebMO makes all of these non-issues. The web-only access helps keep my machines secure, and the GUI is intuitive. I particularly love the plots of spectra. Very nicely done.

I would also like to say a few words about the support staff. I am serving WebMO off a Mac OSX box. There were a few minor issues to be worked out to get everything working, and JR Schmidt was on top of them the whole way. Within 24 hours, we had the kinks worked out, and I'm up and running in a truly cross-platform fashion. Thanks JR!

Thanks for your program and your fabulous support. It is much appreciated.

Eric V. Patterson
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Truman State University
Stephen P. Molnar
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 9:37 am:   

I have just upgraded my installation to v4.1. The process was completely painless, the instructions clear and concise. This is easily the simplest package to install.

Keep up the good work.
Bob Gotwals
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 4:08 pm:   

I would like to add my congratulations to the WebMO developers and staff, particularly JR, who has ALWAYS returned emails quickly and with suggestions that WITHOUT FAIL were able to fix my problem. I'm running WebMO for high school students and teachers in the state of North Carolina (NC High School Computational Chemistry Server, http://www.shodor.org/chemistry), and the kids and teachers love the interface and the ability to do meaningful computational chemistry activities. In our proposal to fund this project, we projected 3-6 months for installation and testing of the WebMO interface and the various codes. We were production-ready in less than 3 WEEKS (which caused other problems, because we didn't have curriculum ready, but this was a nice problem to have).

Bottom line, we're thrilled with WebMO and JR.
John Keller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 6:35 pm:   

I am a recent convert to WebMO Pro. I would like to thank JR Schmidt for his excellent program, and the outstanding support I received in installing Suse 11 Linux, G03 and WebMO. We now have 2 fast Xeon servers with wide access within the Dept of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus. Although I have a fair amount of Windows XP/Server experience, I am a Linux newbie, and it took a week of fiddling part-time to get these systems built and calculating. They are completely stable and have run hundreds of G03 jobs in the last month. Thanks, JR!
T.G. Schaaff
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 5:59 pm:   

I thought I would add to the praise for the recent WebMo version. I recently purchased a i7-980x for home with Win7 and installed some modeling software to 'play around with' on the weekends (gamess, mopac7). I was able to install Apache, Perl, WebMo this morning, with only a couple of minor tweaks:
1 - The address on the Desktop icon installed from the msi package points to:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi
I had to make this implicit in the browser since I was running stand-alone:
http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/webmo/login.cgi
to get the login and all subsequent calls to address the correct files. I put this as a link on a tool bar.
2 - I added some additional gamess keywords to the tmpl file for geometry optimizations. Because the structure is so intuitive, this was simple. Inserted this code into the gamess.tmpl under the Geometry Header:
\$SCF ETHRSH=10.0 DIIS=.T. DAMP=.T. \$END
\$STATPT NSTEP=100 STSTEP=0.05 \$END

And it worked wonderfully.

Thank you for making such a useful and intuitive tool for exploring QM calcs.
Anonymous

Posted on Friday, May 16, 2014 - 4:09 am:   

"Testimonials" contains two "i"s.
Matt Kubasik
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2016 - 7:01 am:   

The release of java-free version 17 is fantastic! Thank you, JR and the WebMO team, for this release. I am looking forward to using WebMO with my students.

MK, Fairfield University

Add Your Message Here
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration