remote server installed, but not utilized

mjuhasz
Full Name: Mark Juhasz
Organization: Whitman College

remote server installed, but not utilized

Post by mjuhasz »

This regards WebMO version 21.0.010p, running on a Google Cloud VM (installed as indicated here: https://www.webmo.net/support/sitcGCP.html).

I have added the information for a remote server "compute-2", and this now appears under the "Edit servers" tab in the Remote Server Manager. However, when I submit jobs, the remote server is never used and jobs will queue and run only on the machine that serves WebMO.

MNotes:
- The remote "compute-2" server appears in the "Enabled servers" list under the Group and Users settings.
- In the Group settings and User settings, I have enabled "All" servers.
- The only computational engine is ORCA, which is installed in the same location on the working server and the non-working remote "compute-2" server, under /usr/local
- the remote "compute-2" server has a webmo user, and a /home/webmo/webmo folder

Let me know if anything here sounds amiss. I'm happy to provide more information to troubleshoot, too.

mjuhasz
Full Name: Mark Juhasz
Organization: Whitman College

Re: remote server installed, but not utilized

Post by mjuhasz »

[Solved] The issue was that no computational engines had been enabled for the remote server. After enabling ORCA for the remote "compute-2" machine the Interfaces Manager, the remote machine is available for jobs and works as expected.