remote server config error

biosas
Full Name: Randall
Organization: Downer

remote server config error

Post by biosas »

I am running a standard Centos 7 webserver and cluster.

Though I can ssh without a password to my compute server from the command line it fails from within the WebMO add server interface.

"Could not contact remote server: verify passwordless SSH/RSH"

In the logs of the remote server, it shows a failure of password in the /var/log/secure log file, which is odd as it then does not test the ssh key that I have set up and as stated above, works fine from the command line. susexec seems correct and happy for the group that is running the web server.

Possibly I have missed something obvious? Or there is some place else I should look for assistance?

Thanks,

RD

schmidt
Full Name: JR Schmidt
Organization: WebMO, LLC

Re: remote server config error

Post by schmidt »

You say it "works fine from the command line". But just to confirm, does it work fine via command line as user 'webmo' (or whatever user WebMO is executing as?)

biosas
Full Name: Randall
Organization: Downer

Post by biosas »

Correct, the account stipulated in the configuration page zips through without a password needed on the command line using ssh to the remote server and can run all applications I intend to authorize.

Looking in past forums I notice you advised that the webmo installation must be in the home directory of the remote user. Is that still the case if I am useing suexec and apache?

Thanks, RD

schmidt
Full Name: JR Schmidt
Organization: WebMO, LLC

Post by schmidt »

The account stipulated in the config page (for the remote sever) is the accounted that will be logged into on the REMOTE server. But the webmo scripts need to be able to ssh FROM one account (the WebMO scripts are executing as, using 'webmo' if you are using suexec) TO another account on the remote server (the one configured during remote server setup).

If this is going succeed, one must be to login on the command line on the webserver (account 'webmo', if using suexec) and do something like 'ssh remoteuser@remoteserver.edu' and have it work w/o a password.