What is WebMO?
WebMO is a web-based interface for computational chemistry programs. WebMO allows one to set up, run, and visualize chemical calculations from a web browser, smartphone, or tablet.
Why Use WebMO?
The goal of WebMO software is to promote the use of state-of-the-art computational chemistry in teaching and research.
WebMO accomplishes this goal by:
- Ease of use: One interface runs many different programs. Intuitive menus and defaults are provided for beginners. Full access to input and output is available for advanced users.
- Cost savings: One software license is shared by many users. Purchasing one server is less expensive than multiple workstations.
- Time savings: Maintaining one server is much easier than a computer laboratory or individual student computers. No software is installed on lab or student computers.
WebMO is ideal for:
- Students who are learning and using computational chemistry
- Faculty who provide access to computational chemistry programs
- Bench chemists who need to complement their experimental work with calculations
- Theoretical chemists who manage multiple calculations and projects
- Managers who leverage their computational chemistry investment across the enterprise
Where is WebMO Installed?
WebMO installs on a server computer (Linux/unix, Mac, or Windows). Computational chemistry software to be used is also installed on the server. After a one-time installation, WebMO is accessed and administered from modern web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) on any computer (Windows, Mac, Linux/unix). WebMO can also be accessed from the WebMO app on an Apple iPhone or iPad or on an Android smartphone or tablet.
What Does WebMO Cost?
Most importantly, WebMO is FREE. Thousands of chemists have downloaded and used WebMO. There is no risk to try WebMO for your computational chemistry needs.
Two commercial upgrades to WebMO are available. WebMO Pro has features beyond WebMO to support additional computational abilities (orbitals, coordinate scanning, remote servers). WebMO Enterprise has features beyond WebMO Pro for to support large numbers of users and cluster computers.