What is WebMO?
WebMO is a web-based interface for computational chemistry programs. WebMO allows one to set up, run, and visualize chemical calculations from a web browser, smartphone, or tablet.
Why Use WebMO?
The goal of WebMO software is to promote the use of state-of-the-art computational chemistry in teaching and research.
WebMO accomplishes this goal by:
- Ease of use: One interface runs many different programs. Intuitive menus and defaults are provided for beginners. Full access to input and output is available for advanced users.
- Cost savings: One software license is shared by many users. Purchasing one server is less expensive than multiple workstations. No annual subscription fee.
- Time savings: Maintaining one server is much easier than a computer laboratory or individual student computers. No software is installed on lab or student computers.
- Remote access: WebMO is accessible from any computer that can connect to your web server. No need to be in a computer lab or on a specific computer.
WebMO is ideal for:
- Students who are learning and using computational chemistry
- Faculty who provide access to computational chemistry in teaching labs or research programs
- Bench chemists who need to complement their experimental work with calculations
- Theoretical chemists who manage multiple calculations and projects
- Managers who leverage their computational chemistry investment across the enterprise
Where is WebMO Installed?
WebMO installs on a server computer (Linux/unix, Mac, or Windows). Computational chemistry software to be used is also installed on the server. After a one-time installation, WebMO is accessed and administered from modern web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari) on any computer (Windows, Mac, Linux/unix). WebMO can also be accessed from the WebMO app on an Apple iPhone or iPad or on an Android smartphone or tablet.
How Much Does WebMO Cost?
WebMO Basic is FREE. Thousands of chemists have downloaded and use WebMO Basic. WebMO Basic provides an integrated 3-D molecular editor for structure input, interfaces to run jobs on many popular computational chemistry programs, and graphical and text visualization of results.
Two commercial upgrades to WebMO Basic are available. WebMO Pro has features beyond WebMO Basic that support additional computational, visualization, and job management capabilities for serious education, research, or commercial users. WebMO Enterprise has features beyond WebMO Pro to support large numbers of users and cluster computers.
The WebMO App for iOS and Android portable devices is free. All app features are available for molecules with less than 10 atoms. Several features require an in-app purchase for larger molecules.